Custom Blinds for Gable Windows & Shaped Areas
Planning For Gable Window Blinds
- Are any windows or doors going to open inwards? With inward opening doors or windows the blind solutions available are much more limited as to what blinds can be installed.
- With shaped blinds depending on the final solution you choose some blinds will work upwards and others will work downwards. This will alter the stack position when not required. This will alter where any motorized provision needs to be made.
Blinds can often be concealed
- Blinds Cassette – can be installed retrospectively, available with certain products such as roller blinds only
- Blinds Pelmet – built in during construction, the size of this will depend on the product/supplier you choose
- Blinds Box/Recess – built in during construction, the size of this will depend on the product/supplier you choose
What density will you require the blinds material to be?
- Blackout 100% – not easily achieved and will require side channels, do these need to be built in during construction?
- Dimout – can be achieved using a blackout material and a solution with the least No.of blinds
- Privacy – easily achieved using an opaque material but not necessarily light reducing material
- Screen – easily achievable with 1% 3% and 5% visibility but do not give not privacy at night time
Will you require the blinds to be motorized?
- Do you have the necessary power provision?
- Power provisions will vary depending on size and product chosen
- Low voltage motor solutions will require transformers, these would be positioned where they can’t be seen
- Rechargeable battery solutions are improving all the time but are limited to certain products.
More From Grants
We work closely with architects. This often includes challenging requirements such as complex shapes, skylights, multiple blinds and curtains. Find out more about our specialist blind solutions.
Most of our projects are for prime or ultra-prime residential clients. The same attention to detail is applied in every project. Read more about our bespoke blinds projects.
For more than 35 years, Grants has provided a broad portfolio of products. Using only materials selected for their quality, durability & aesthetic suitability. See more of our blinds and shades product range.
Get In Touch
Contact us with no obligations for advice, initial design consultation, and cost proposal. We can arrange meetings at your office, the site, or our London showrooms. Include us as early as possible for maximum options to be available. We also offer CPD and training sessions for architects and designers. Please contact us using this form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us as +44 800 652 2190.